Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Not Dead Yet and Analysis Paralysis

I'm still here

Yes, it has been a long, long time since my last post.  Not much has been happening at Rusty Scalpel Games as I have been using much of my time to explore other career paths.  I came up with a bunch of cool career ideas, but none have really jumped out as my life's work.  So, with a new burst of inspiration, I decided to jump back into designing a game. 

Analysis Paralysis

In my last blog posts, I was discussing the need for marketing research.  I'm sure that if you want to be commercially successful, that's probably pretty important.  For me though, I found that all the analysis brought my enthusiasm and creative efforts to a standstill.  So screw all this other crap-- for now I'm going to work on the actual game.

So what's the game going to be?

I've decided it will be a role-playing game with strong historical elements, but also with a heavy dose of the supernatural.  I'll announce the premise and setting at a later date...

No comments:

Post a Comment